In the process of helping people gain employment, Tatum Sherman, the founder of a staff recruitment firm called Resource Referral, has witnessed people being declared redundant by their employers.
Job redundancy, sometimes called staff retrenchment, is an issue that an increasing number of employers have to deal with because of an economy that’s increasingly unpredictable, and constant changes in technology. Here’s what you should know:
- Redundancy occurs when an employer dismisses an employee from a job, usually to reduce their workforce. Although the aim may be to reduce costs, staff may be dismissed when a company introduces new technology, slows down production or closes down due to bankruptcy.
- A dismissal is genuine when a person’s job is not being taken over by anyone else. The employer must also demonstrate consistency by not dismissing staff in a discriminative manner. In addition, the employer must consult with employees about the redundancy as stipulated in the contractual agreement. If the employer hires someone else to do the job or does not follow laid down procedures, the dismissal is not genuine and the affected employees can file an unfair dismissal claim in a court of law.
If you are made redundant, you might be eligible for a number of rights that include:
- A notice period
- Redundancy pay
- Time off to allow you to find alternative employment
- The option to move into a different position within the company
Tatum Sherman has helped people find alternative jobs after losing jobs due to a host of reasons.
Tatum Sherman is an ambitious entrepreneur that created her own staffing firm called Resource Referral. Private staffing firms like the one Sherman created have become commonplace all around the world. A staffing firm has many different functions, but primarily focuses on connecting professionals with companies in need of specific skills and labor. Whether a company needs short-term help during a busy period, or a qualified full-time employee, a staffing agency can help.
Business owners and corporations often have a hard time finding qualified employees. A staffing firm offers a convenient way to locate professionals. One of the best ways to use a staffing firm is to find one with the proper specialization. For example, if your business is in the technology industry, you should seek out a staffing agency that specialized in recruiting and finding professionals in information technology.
Staffing agencies are most effective when good communication is maintained between the agency and the business. A human resource recruiter or hiring manager should work closely with a staffing agent. Open and regular communication helps ensure that the company gets the professional it needs in a timely manner. The more information that is given to a staffing agency, the faster and more accurately they can fulfill an employment request.
Communication is a key part of staffing firm functionality.
Tatum Sherman built a successful employment firm with hard work and dedication. She started it to help combat the unemployment problem, and now links thousands of professionals a year to appropriate companies seeking their skills.
Tatum Sherman has been helping thousands of people a year find jobs through Tatum Sherman employment staffing firm. Finding a job can be tough, finding a job that is a good fit for you can be even harder. Too often job seekers sell themselves short, simply taking the first job that offers a decent salary. For longevity though, it is better to wait and find a job that is right for you. Here are a few important things to factor in when looking for the job with “the right fit”:
- Location: Long commutes can add a lot of stress and add a considerable amount of hours to a work day. This is especially true in urban areas. Make sure your employment is relatively close, and won’t require an hour of gridlocked traffic every day.
- Satisfaction: While pay is certainly an important part of employment, so is job satisfaction. Remember that you are likely to spend at least 40 hours a week at work, so make sure it is something that compliments your interests and abilities.
- Management Culture: Every job position has a superior. Even entrepreneurs have a boss, the customer. So make sure that you get along with the management and respect their culture. A good management team usually tries to motivate relationships, not poison or discourage them.
Tatum Sherman doesn’t just help professionals find employment, she helps them find a long-term career path. She knows how important it is to set each job seeker on the right path, matching him or her with a company that is a good fit.