In her position as the founder of Resource Referral, a staffing company, Tatum Sherman has had the opportunity to interview a large number of people seeking employment. Tatum Sherman has also held multiple meetings with some of the best employers in New Jersey as they sought to fill vacant positions in their organisations. If you are invited for an interview, there are certain things you can do to increase your chances of getting the nod.
Do Your Home Work
Before stepping into the interview room, make sure you understand the potential employer in terms of the nature of their work, the number of years that they have spent in business, and their top management, among others.
Early arrival to the interview gives your mind ample time to relax and focus. You do not want to arrive late as doing so not only sends the message that you are not dependable, but it can also lead to disqualification, no matter how good you are for the job at hand.
Prepare Some Questions in Advance
Asking questions about your soon-to-be responsibilities is a sure way to demonstrate interest in the role. An interview shouldn’t be a one-way traffic. Asking questions shows that you are willing to learn and understand exactly what is expected of you should you be hired.
Tatum Sherman also advises job seekers to avoid eating heavily just before an interview. This ensures that you’re not only physically settled, but it can also help your body and mind to relax and retain focus. Although most interviews take less than 15 minutes, it’s important to be totally comfortable with yourself.
In the process of helping people gain employment, Tatum Sherman, the founder of a staff recruitment firm called Resource Referral, has witnessed people being declared redundant by their employers.
Job redundancy, sometimes called staff retrenchment, is an issue that an increasing number of employers have to deal with because of an economy that’s increasingly unpredictable, and constant changes in technology. Here’s what you should know:
- Redundancy occurs when an employer dismisses an employee from a job, usually to reduce their workforce. Although the aim may be to reduce costs, staff may be dismissed when a company introduces new technology, slows down production or closes down due to bankruptcy.
- A dismissal is genuine when a person’s job is not being taken over by anyone else. The employer must also demonstrate consistency by not dismissing staff in a discriminative manner. In addition, the employer must consult with employees about the redundancy as stipulated in the contractual agreement. If the employer hires someone else to do the job or does not follow laid down procedures, the dismissal is not genuine and the affected employees can file an unfair dismissal claim in a court of law.
If you are made redundant, you might be eligible for a number of rights that include:
- A notice period
- Redundancy pay
- Time off to allow you to find alternative employment
- The option to move into a different position within the company
Tatum Sherman has helped people find alternative jobs after losing jobs due to a host of reasons.
Tatum Sherman is a distinguished entrepreneur and founder of Resource Referral, one of the fastest growing staffing firms in the United States of America. Over the years Tatum Sherman has excelled in stamping out unemployment by connecting skilled individuals with employers.
The job market today is dynamic and competitive. Businesses are going after employees with more than just good qualifications. They want someone who can add value to their business, and who is creative and innovative enough to come up with game changing ideas that can take their businesses to the next level.
In fact, some employees have in the past lost their positions to new, less experienced hires. To help you remain relevant and valued in your organisation, you might want to consider the following tips:
- Invest in yourself – Consider supplementing your existing skills with additional skills that can give you an edge over other employees. For example, if you are an Actuary, you might want to learn a few programming languages.
- Read widely – One of the best ways to keep up with industrial trends is by reading relevant publications, both online and in print. You don’t want to be overtaken by the latest trends in the industry, something that can be very embarrassing especially when you’re mingling with well-informed clients.
Nurture strong working relationships with colleagues – Healthy, friendly coexistence in the workplace encourages success in business. Remember, should you, for one reason or another, leave your current role and seek employment elsewhere, your work mates may be consulted before your appointment.
Tatum Sherman is a true revolutionary in the fight against unemployment.
Tatum Sherman recently launched an online fashion store. She sells clothing and accessories online and all of the pieces on her website were designed by her. She is proud of her story and has noticed that it is getting a lot of traffic. If you have an online store it is important to know how to drive traffic to it.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a great way to use keywords to draw attention to your website. You use words that people are most likely to search for to find a store like yours and if you use them correctly your website will show up on the first page of search results across different search engines.
Social media is used by almost everyone and this means it is a great way to drive traffic to your online store. Make sure your store has its own social media pages and post on the all daily to help attract customers to your store.
Ads and Banners
You can pay for online advertisements in the form of ads and banners. You can sign up for ad sites by simply entering your information, uploading your ad or logo and paying a small fee. These ads show up on other websites and are clickable so people can easily go to your website.
If you want your online store to be successful like Tatum Sherman’s, you have to attract new customers. There are many ways to bring traffic to your website. Make sure you are keeping track of your visitors and your sales so you can notice a change in traffic and make improvements when necessary.
Tatum Sherman is a highly effective individual, and without question, her innate talents have always set her apart from many others. However, it takes a team to bring an entrepreneurial vision to life. This is something that Tatum Sherman has always been well aware of, and she is an expert in this area. As a person with an extensive background in the human resources arena, she was uniquely positioned to utilize that knowledge to found a staffing company. Tatum Sherman business, Resource Referral, is extremely successful in large part because of the combined efforts of the talented, passionate team that she has assembled.
If you think about sports teams, some squads that have very talented players are not as successful as they should be when you look at the roster on paper. On the other hand, there are teams with less talent that win at a much more consistent rate. Without question, Tatum Sherman hires team members that possess talent and experience. At the same time, she looks for people who are ready, willing, and able to make the people around them better. A company works best when everyone is supporting one another, and this is a standard that is widely embraced.
Tatum Sherman counsels many people who come to her looking for employment. In many cases, they want to emphasize their personal abilities, and this is an important part of the equation. By all means, you want to sell yourself, but if you are in a job interview, you should emphasize the fact that you are a selfless team player who will contribute to the collective workplace synergy.
Tatum Sherman recognizes the value of hard work. We live in an instant gratification culture, but this mentality is not always going to be a good thing if you want to successfully climb the career ladder. As a thought leader within the staffing industry, Tatum Sherman’s voice resonates loudly, and Tatum Sherman is uniquely positioned to provide insight that job seekers covet.
Though many people feel as though times have changed, in reality, there is one truism that never goes out of style: It takes hard work to be successful. This is the most profound message that Tatum Sherman passes along to job seekers who are looking for answers.
For example, consider the matter of overtime. When you’re in the staffing industry, you often work with employers that are offering temporary jobs during busy seasons. These jobs can lead to full-time positions, and Tatum Sherman is always quick to emphasize this to applicants. Temporary workers are sometimes offered overtime, and they are paid time and a half during these overtime hours. In other words, if the regular pay is twelve dollars an hour, you would add half of that, which is six dollars an hour, to come up with the overtime pay. Someone in this position would receive $18 an hour for overtime work.
If you are offered overtime, this is a great opportunity to “make hay while the sun shines.” You can get ahead while you have the opportunity to do so. This is particularly important if you are working a temporary job. Plus, Tatum Sherman has found that employers are impressed by the work ethic of people who are willing to put in overtime hours. This can lead to permanent employment offers.
You’ve always wanted to own your own business. For Tatum Sherman, her dream became a reality when she started Resource Referral, a successful staffing agency in New Jersey. Regardless of the kind of business you want to start, the key to success is to always be flexible. Here are the steps you need to complete in order to get your own business up and running.
- Begin by taking stock of yourself and the situation you are in. You need to plan, set goals, and know yourself.
- Evaluate your idea and analyze the industry. This includes evaluating the market in order to identify how attractive the market really is.
- Figure out what type of business form you want to establish. During this step, you also want to make sure you get any permits or licenses that you may need.
- Start writing your business plan. Your business plan is a necessity if you want to find financing for your business. It also acts as the roadmap for your future business.
- You’ll need to secure financing depending on the size of your business. Most small businesses start with private financing through credit cards, help from their family, and personal loans.
Once you have completed these steps, it’s time to set up shop. The great thing about owning your own business, like Tatum Sherman, is that you get to decide on your own path and what direction you want to grow.