Tatum Sherman, the owner of Resource Referral in New Jersey, helps her clients find meaningful employment. Finding a new career can be a challenging experience that leads to frustration for many. With a few proactive strategies, however, the job search can become easier and more rewarding. Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned worker, here are some helpful tips to help you get started with your job search.
1. Before you even start to search for a job, it is important to take some time to consider your strengths and weaknesses. The more you know yourself, the better your chances of finding a job that you are satisfied with.
2. The most critical job tool you have is your resume. When starting a new job search you need to revise your resume so it focuses on your key accomplishments, experience, education/training, and skills. Taylor it to each job that you are applying too.
3. Employers are beginning to utilize social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to find their perfect employee. Build your online brand by showcasing your expertise and passion online.
4. A great tool you can utilize is the informal interview with someone in your career field. They can offer you advice and insights about your resume and interview skills. These can help you hone your interview answers and help you expand your network of contacts.
Hunting for a new job can be a lonely endeavor. Try keeping in touch with other people you know that are also hunting for a new job. For help in finding the right job for you, consider using a staffing service like Tatum Sherman’s, Resource Referral. They can help find and place you in a meaningful position with a great company.
Tatum Sherman is a dedicated businesswoman that created her own company, Resource Referral, a staffing firm in New Jersey dedicated to helping connect professionals with businesses. Being a successful entrepreneur like Mrs. Sherman requires a good understanding of business.
Business is defined as an agency, firm, or enterprise that provides goods and/or services to consumers. Businesses are the centerpiece of most capitalist economies. Most businesses within a capitalist economy are privately owned, and provide a service or product to consumers in exchange for capital (money), services, or products.
There are many forms and studies of business. Some businesses are known as non-profits. These enterprises are designed to not have a net positive gain. Non-profits are essentially charities that are ran in a business format, and only use the capital necessary to keep the business operating. Everything else a non-profit generates goes to a specific social or economic cause.
Business also has many different sectors. A sector is a kind of business category used for organizational purposes. A sector is often a broad category, and may be different than one would expect. For instance, Apple, a popular technology company, is in the consumer goods sector, as opposed to the technology sector. Most sector classifications of businesses are done for the sake of investments and stock trading.
Tatum Sherman has always had a knack for business. He business savvy has translated into a successful company that helps employ thousands of professionals every year, an impressive accomplishment for a woman that is only 29 years old.
Tatum Sherman has been helping thousands of people a year find jobs through her employment staffing firm. Finding a job can be tough, finding a job that is a good fit for you can be even harder. Too often job seekers sell themselves short, simply taking the first job that offers a decent salary. For longevity though, it is better to wait and find a job that is right for you. Here are a few important things to factor in when looking for the job with “the right fit”:
- Location: Long commutes can add a lot of stress and add a considerable amount of hours to a work day. This is especially true in urban areas. Make sure your employment is relatively close, and won’t require an hour of gridlocked traffic every day.
- Satisfaction: While pay is certainly an important part of employment, so is job satisfaction. Remember that you are likely to spend at least 40 hours a week at work, so make sure it is something that compliments your interests and abilities.
- Management Culture: Every job position has a superior. Even entrepreneurs have a boss, the customer. So make sure that you get along with the management and respect their culture. A good management team usually tries to motivate relationships, not poison or discourage them.
Tatum Sherman doesn’t just help professionals find employment, she helps them find a long-term career path. She knows how important it is to set each job seeker on the right path, matching him or her with a company that is a good fit.
Tatum Sherman started her business, Resource Referral to help combat social issues like unemployment. All around the world, unemployment is an issue that effects the economy, as well as families everywhere. Unemployment happens when able-bodied workers are unable to obtain employment, despite having the necessary skills to fulfill a job function. Unemployment rates are often dictated by a number of different factors, including the geographic location, the state of the economy, and much more. The unemployment rate is a number that is measured by dividing the number of unemployed people, by the number of people currently documented in the labor force.
Typically, the highest levels of unemployment rates are experienced when the economy is in a recession. The cause of unemployment is a subject that is under constant scrutiny and debate by scientists, sociologists, and economists everywhere. Classic economics theorize that unemployment is caused by overregulation, such as labor laws and unions that discourage companies from hiring. Classic economists believe that employee taxes, unionization, bureaucratic work rules, and minimum wage laws discourage employers from hiring, thereby causing the unemployment rate to increase.
Keynesian economics is on the opposite end of the spectrum. A Keynesian economist believes government intervention is necessary during naturally occurring economic recessions to help alleviate the unemployment problem. This theory examines closely supply and demand as an explanation for unemployment.
Unemployment is something that Tatum Sherman has been helping to stop for many years. She opened her employment staffing firm to help stop problems like unemployment from impacting families and the economy as a whole.