In her position as the founder of Resource Referral, a staffing company, Tatum Sherman has had the opportunity to interview a large number of people seeking employment. Tatum Sherman has also held multiple meetings with some of the best employers in New Jersey as they sought to fill vacant positions in their organisations. If you are invited for an interview, there are certain things you can do to increase your chances of getting the nod.
Do Your Home Work
Before stepping into the interview room, make sure you understand the potential employer in terms of the nature of their work, the number of years that they have spent in business, and their top management, among others.
Early arrival to the interview gives your mind ample time to relax and focus. You do not want to arrive late as doing so not only sends the message that you are not dependable, but it can also lead to disqualification, no matter how good you are for the job at hand.
Prepare Some Questions in Advance
Asking questions about your soon-to-be responsibilities is a sure way to demonstrate interest in the role. An interview shouldn’t be a one-way traffic. Asking questions shows that you are willing to learn and understand exactly what is expected of you should you be hired.
Tatum Sherman also advises job seekers to avoid eating heavily just before an interview. This ensures that you’re not only physically settled, but it can also help your body and mind to relax and retain focus. Although most interviews take less than 15 minutes, it’s important to be totally comfortable with yourself.
In the process of helping people gain employment, Tatum Sherman, the founder of a staff recruitment firm called Resource Referral, has witnessed people being declared redundant by their employers.
Job redundancy, sometimes called staff retrenchment, is an issue that an increasing number of employers have to deal with because of an economy that’s increasingly unpredictable, and constant changes in technology. Here’s what you should know:
- Redundancy occurs when an employer dismisses an employee from a job, usually to reduce their workforce. Although the aim may be to reduce costs, staff may be dismissed when a company introduces new technology, slows down production or closes down due to bankruptcy.
- A dismissal is genuine when a person’s job is not being taken over by anyone else. The employer must also demonstrate consistency by not dismissing staff in a discriminative manner. In addition, the employer must consult with employees about the redundancy as stipulated in the contractual agreement. If the employer hires someone else to do the job or does not follow laid down procedures, the dismissal is not genuine and the affected employees can file an unfair dismissal claim in a court of law.
If you are made redundant, you might be eligible for a number of rights that include:
- A notice period
- Redundancy pay
- Time off to allow you to find alternative employment
- The option to move into a different position within the company
Tatum Sherman has helped people find alternative jobs after losing jobs due to a host of reasons.
Tatum Sherman is a woman, a wife and a mother of two beautiful children. Although most people would consider Tatum Sherman successful based on just this piece of information, she has not stopped pursuing greater things in life. She is also an established entrepreneur and fashion designer who has achieved a lot within a very short period of time. Her staffing company, Resource Referral, is one of the fastest growing organisations famed for helping the unemployed to get jobs that have transformed their lives. Women have a major role to play in the economic development of their communities.
Women constitute about 50% of the world’s population, yet their economic contributions often go unrecognised. Their ability to improve their lives is hampered by being awarded less opportunities than men. In fact, research shows that most unpaid work is designated for women. This, in effect, slows down economic growth.
Women have a right to participate in just about any endeavor that spurs economic development. When governments and communities rally behind women, poverty can be eradicated, especially in developing countries. Men and women should be given equal opportunities.
Economic empowerment of women can have the following results:
- When women own property and make money from it, they can channel that money into family coffers, thereby helping to reduce cases of hunger and malnutrition.
- Free access to resources can increase women’s productivity and give them more bargaining power at home. This makes them less vulnerable to domestic violence.
Tatum Sherman believes that if the society invests in women, we can all achieve greater economic benefits and also create equitable societies.
Tatum Sherman is a distinguished entrepreneur and founder of Resource Referral, one of the fastest growing staffing firms in the United States of America. Over the years Tatum Sherman has excelled in stamping out unemployment by connecting skilled individuals with employers.
The job market today is dynamic and competitive. Businesses are going after employees with more than just good qualifications. They want someone who can add value to their business, and who is creative and innovative enough to come up with game changing ideas that can take their businesses to the next level.
In fact, some employees have in the past lost their positions to new, less experienced hires. To help you remain relevant and valued in your organisation, you might want to consider the following tips:
- Invest in yourself – Consider supplementing your existing skills with additional skills that can give you an edge over other employees. For example, if you are an Actuary, you might want to learn a few programming languages.
- Read widely – One of the best ways to keep up with industrial trends is by reading relevant publications, both online and in print. You don’t want to be overtaken by the latest trends in the industry, something that can be very embarrassing especially when you’re mingling with well-informed clients.
Nurture strong working relationships with colleagues – Healthy, friendly coexistence in the workplace encourages success in business. Remember, should you, for one reason or another, leave your current role and seek employment elsewhere, your work mates may be consulted before your appointment.
Tatum Sherman is a true revolutionary in the fight against unemployment.